Saturday, December 13, 2008

Time flies ... too fast

Time flies by, so much so that nearly 16 years passed before seeing school friend Noni McGowan's son again. Circumstances changed, and Morgan moved to Michigan when he was around 13. The last time I saw him he was 18; he was in town and showed up on a holiday, at my doorstep, to say goodbye before leaving for Michigan again. Growing up, he spent weekends at my beach house in South Mission Beach (San Diego) with my son, Raymond, and me. For a few months, he and his mom lived with me. Morgan loved hanging out at Hamel's Surf Shop, located on the boardwalk, to inline skate and skateboard just north of the lifeguard tower. Earlier this week, Morgan was in San Diego with his family, so I flew down for the day for a get-together at Sammy's Woodfired Pizza in Pt. Loma. It was great fun, reminiscing. It was as if no time at all had gone by. Morgan went on to college, graduated, moved to Kalamazoo, now works for a communications company and has a family of his own. I couldn't be more proud if he were my own son. Group photo (standing), Morgan, Emma, Drew, Cathy, Cordelia, Bob, Claire, Raymond, and (seated), Karen and Jake.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

HOW did I not know about your blog until now???!
You look great! Raymond and Karen look great and the same (he has a little less hair, though! :-)) HA!
Claire and Jake are gorgeous kids... and do NOT look the same at all... so grown up! Time sure does fly! Sounds like your evening with Morgan and his family was wonderful!

Maybe now that we are a little closer in proximity, we can see you, too, the next time you visit!
love,
K

Anonymous said...

thnaks, cathy that post was right on. i really enjoyed seeing raymond and his clan. hope to see you again soon.

morgan